Terms of ServiceEffective date: September 1, 2017
Short version: We use these basic terms throughout the agreement, and they have specific meanings. You should know what we mean when we use each of the terms. There's not going to be a test on it, but it's still useful information.
- The “Service” refers to the applications, software, products, and services provided by Cuzwork.
- The “Website” refers to Cuzwork’s website located at cuzwork.com, and all content, services, and products provided by Cuzwork at or through the Website. It also refers to Cuzwork-owned subdomains of cuzwork.com. Occasionally, websites owned by Cuzwork may provide different or additional terms of service. If those additional terms conflict with this Agreement, the more specific terms apply to the relevant page or service.
- “The User,” “You,” and “Your” refer to the individual person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website or Service; that accesses or uses any part of the account; or that directs the use of the account in the performance of its functions. A User must be at least 13 years of age. Special terms may apply for business or government accounts (See Section B(4): Additional Terms).
- “Cuzwork,” “We,” and “Us” refer to Cuzwork, as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees.
- “Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website or otherwise available through the Service. "Content" also includes Services. “User-Generated Content” is Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by our Users. "Your Content" is Content that you create or own.
Short version: A human must create your account; you must be 13 or over; you must provide a valid email address; and you may not have more than one free account. You alone are responsible for your account and anything that happens while you are signed in to or using your account. You are responsible for keeping your account secure.
- Required Information
You must provide a valid email address in order to complete the signup process. Any other information requested, such as your real name, is optional, unless you opt for a paid account, in which case additional information will be necessary for billing purposes.
- Account Requirements
We have a few simple rules for accounts on Cuzwork's Service.
- You must be a human to create an account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- One person or legal entity may maintain no more than one free account.
- You must be age 13 or older. Cuzwork does not target our Service to children under 13, and we do not permit any Users under 13 on our Service. If we learn of any User under the age of 13, we will terminate that User’s account immediately. If you are a resident of a country outside the United States, your country’s minimum age may be older; in such a case, you are responsible for complying with your country’s laws.
- Your login may only be used by one person — i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people.
- User Account Security
You are responsible for keeping your account secure while you use our Service. We offer tools such as two-factor authentication to help you maintain your account's security, but the content of your account and its security are up to you.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Cuzwork cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You will promptly notify Cuzwork if you become aware of any unauthorized use of, or access to, our Service through your account, including any unauthorized use of your password or account.
- Additional Terms
In some situations, third parties' terms may apply to your use of Cuzwork. For example, you may use Cuzwork to authenticate to another service. Please be aware that while these Terms are our full agreement with you, other parties' terms govern their relationships with you.
C. Acceptable Use
Short version: While using the service, you must follow this Acceptable Use Policy, which includes some restrictions on content you can post, conduct on the service, and other limitations. In short, be excellent to each other.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.
- Content Restrictions
You agree that you will not under any circumstances upload, post, host, or transmit any content that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- is or contains sexually obscene content;
- is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
- is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
- contains or installs any active malware or exploits, or uses our platform for exploit delivery (such as part of a command and control system); or
- infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other rights.
- Conduct Restrictions
While using Cuzwork, you agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group, including Cuzwork employees, officers, and agents, or other Cuzwork Users;
- use our servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming), or relay any other form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes;
- attempt to disrupt or tamper with Cuzwork's servers in ways that could harm our Website or Service, to place undue burden on Cuzwork's servers through automated means, or to access Cuzwork's Service in ways that exceed your authorization.
- impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with Cuzwork, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site's purpose; or
- violate the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person's personal information without consent.
- Services Usage Limits
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without Cuzwork's express written permission.
Scraping refers to extracting data from our Website via an automated process, such as a bot or webcrawler. It does not refer to the collection of information through Cuzwork's API. Please see Section H for our API Terms. You may scrape the website for the following reasons:
- Researchers may scrape public, non-personal information from Cuzwork for research purposes, only if any publications resulting from that research are open access.
- Archivists may scrape Cuzwork for public data for archival purposes.
You may not scrape Cuzwork for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of selling Cuzwork users' personal information, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.
Misuse of Cuzwork Users' Personal Information is prohibited.
- Excessive Bandwidth Use
If we determine your bandwidth usage to be significantly excessive in relation to other Cuzwork customers, we reserve the right to suspend your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- User Protection
You agree not to engage in activity that significantly harms our Users. We will resolve disputes in favor of protecting our Users as a whole.
D. User-Generated Content
Short version: You own content you create, but you allow us certain rights to it, so that we can display and share the content you post. You still have control over your content, and responsibility for it, and the rights you grant us are limited to those we need to provide the service. We have the right to remove content or close accounts if we need to.
- Responsibility for User-Generated Content
You may create or upload User-Generated Content while using the Service. You are solely responsible for the content of, and for any harm resulting from, any User-Generated Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service, regardless of the form of that Content. We are not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User-Generated Content.
- Cuzwork May Remove Content
We do not pre-screen User-Generated Content, but we have the right (though not the obligation) to refuse or remove any User-Generated Content that, in our sole discretion, violates any Cuzwork terms or policies.
- Ownership of Content, Right to Post, and License Grants
You retain ownership of and responsibility for Content you create or own ("Your Content"). If you're posting anything you did not create yourself or do not own the rights to, you agree that you are responsible for any Content you post; that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post; and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
Because you retain ownership of and responsibility for Your Content, we need you to grant us — and other Cuzwork Users — certain legal permissions, listed in Sections D.4 — D.7. These license grants apply to Your Content. If you upload Content that already comes with a license granting Cuzwork the permissions we need to run our Service, no additional license is required. You understand that you will not receive any payment for any of the rights granted in Sections D.4 — D.7. The licenses you grant to us will end when you remove Your Content from our servers.
- License Grant to Us
We need the legal right to do things like host Your Content, publish it, and share it. You grant us and our legal successors the right to store, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service. This includes the right to do things like copy it to our database and make backups; show it to you and other users; parse it into a search index or otherwise analyze it on our servers; share it with other users; and perform it, in case Your Content is something like music or video.
This license does not grant Cuzwork the right to sell Your Content or otherwise distribute or use it outside of our provision of the Service.
- License Grant to Other Users
Any User-Generated Content you post, including tickets, comments, and contributions to other Users' repositories, may be viewed by others within your Team.
- Contributions Under Repository License
Whenever you make a contribution to a Project containing notice of a license, you license your contribution under the same terms, and you agree that you have the right to license your contribution under those terms. If you have a separate agreement to license your contributions under different terms, such as a contributor license agreement, that agreement will supersede.
- Moral Rights
You retain all moral rights to Your Content that you upload, publish, or submit to any part of the Service, including the rights of integrity and attribution. However, you waive these rights and agree not to assert them against us, to enable us to reasonably exercise the rights granted in Section D.4, but not otherwise.
To the extent this agreement is not enforceable by applicable law, you grant Cuzwork the rights we need to use Your Content without attribution and to make reasonable adaptations of Your Content as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service.
E. Private Repositories
Short version: We treat the content as confidential, and we only access it for support reasons, with your consent, or if required to for security reasons.
- Control of Private Projects
All admins of a team are allowed to control the User Access to the Content.
- Confidentiality of Private Repositories.
Cuzwork considers the contents of project to be confidential to you. Cuzwork will protect the contents of private repositories from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner that we would use to protect our own confidential information of a similar nature and in no event with less than a reasonable degree of care.
Cuzwork employees may only access the content of your private repositories in the following situations:
- With your consent and knowledge, for support reasons. If Cuzwork accesses a team or project for support reasons, we will only do so with the owner’s consent and knowledge.
- When access is required for security reasons.
You may also grant a third-party application authorization to use, access, and disclose the contents of your projects. Your use of third-party applications is at your sole risk; Cuzwork is not liable for disclosures to third parties that you authorize to access a project.
If we have reason to believe the contents of a project are in violation of the law or of these Terms, we have the right to access, review, and remove them. Additionally, we may be compelled by law to disclose the contents of your private repositories.
F. Intellectual Property Notice
Short version: We own the service and all of our content. In order for you to use our content, we give you certain rights to it, but you may only use our content in the way we have allowed.
- Cuzwork's Rights to Content
- Cuzwork Trademarks and Logos
If you’d like to use Cuzwork’s trademarks, you must follow all of our trademark guidelines, including those on our logos page: https://cuzwork.com/press/marketing.
- License to Cuzwork Policies
This Agreement is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution license. You may use it freely under the terms of the Creative Commons license.
G. API Terms
Short version: You agree to these Terms of Service, plus this Section H, when using any of Cuzwork's APIs (Application Provider Interface), including use of the API through a third party product that accesses Cuzwork.
- Limitation of Liability for API Use
You understand and agree that Cuzwork is not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Cuzwork has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- No Abuse or Overuse of the API
Abuse or excessively frequent requests to Cuzwork via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account's access to the API. Cuzwork, in our sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. We will make a reasonable attempt to warn you via email prior to suspension.
You may not share API tokens to exceed Cuzwork's rate limitations.
You may not use the API to download data or Content from Cuzwork for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of selling Cuzwork users' personal information, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.
Cuzwork may offer subscription-based access to our API.
- Cuzwork May Terminate Your Use of the API
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API or any part of it with or without notice.
Short version: You are responsible for any fees associated with your use of Cuzwork. We are responsible for communicating those fees to you clearly and accurately, and letting you know well in advance if those prices change.
Our pricing and payment terms are available at Pricing. If you agree to a subscription price, that will remain your price for the duration of the payment term; however, prices are subject to change at the end of a payment term.
- Upgrades, Downgrades, and Changes
- We will immediately bill you when you upgrade from the free plan to any paying plan.
- If you change from a monthly billing plan to a yearly billing plan, Cuzwork will bill you for a full year at the next monthly billing date.
- If you upgrade to a higher level of service, we will bill you for the upgraded plan immediately.
- You may change your level of service at any time by choosing a plan option or going into your Subscription settings. If you choose to downgrade your account, you may lose access to Content, features, or capacity of your account.
- Billing Schedule; No Refunds
- For monthly or yearly payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a monthly or yearly basis respectively and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account; however, the service will remain active for the length of the paid billing period.
- In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
By agreeing to these Terms, you are giving us permission to charge your on-file credit card, PayPal account, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you authorize for Cuzwork.
- Responsibility for Payment
You are responsible for all fees, including taxes, associated with your use of the Service. By using the Service, you agree to pay Cuzwork any charge incurred in connection with your use of the Service. If you dispute the matter, contact Cuzwork. You are responsible for providing us with a valid means of payment for paid accounts. Free accounts are not required to provide payment information.
I. Cancellation and Termination
Short version: You may close your account at any time. If you do, we'll treat your information responsibly.
- Account Cancellation
It is your responsibility to properly cancel your account with Cuzwork. You can cancel your account at any time by going into your Settings. The Account screen provides a simple, cancellation form. We are not able to cancel accounts in response to an email or phone request.
- Upon Cancellation
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile and the Content of your projects within 90 days of cancellation or termination (though some information may remain in encrypted backups). This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
We will not delete Content that you have contributed to other Team Projects.
Upon request, we will make a reasonable effort to provide an account owner with a copy of your lawful, non-infringing account contents after account cancellation, termination, or downgrade. You must make this request within 60 days of cancellation, termination, or downgrade.
- Cuzwork May Terminate
Cuzwork has the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. Cuzwork reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
J. Communications with Cuzwork
Short version: We use email and other electronic means to stay in touch with our users.
- Electronic Communication Required
For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form via the email address you have submitted or via the Service; and (2) agree that all Terms of Service, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that those communications would satisfy if they were on paper. This section does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- Legal Notice to Cuzwork Must Be in Writing
Communications made through Cuzwork Support's messaging system will not constitute legal notice to Cuzwork or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to Cuzwork is required by contract or any law or regulation. Legal notice to Cuzwork must be in writing and and emailed to Cuzwork.
- No Phone Support
Cuzwork only offers support via email, in-Service communications, and electronic messages. We do not offer telephone support.
K. Disclaimer of Warranties
Short version: We provide our service as is, and we make no promises or guarantees about this service. Please read this section carefully; you should understand what to expect.
Cuzwork provides the Website and the Service “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind. Without limiting this, we expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Website and the Service including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, security, accuracy and non-infringement.
Cuzwork does not warrant that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; that the information provided through the Service is accurate, reliable or correct; that any defects or errors will be corrected; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your downloading and/or use of files, information, content or other material obtained from the Service.
L. Limitation of Liability
Short version: We will not be liable for damages or losses arising from your use or inability to use the service or otherwise arising under this agreement. Please read this section carefully; it limits our obligations to you.
You understand and agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss of profits, use, goodwill, or data, or for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, however arising, that result from
- the use, disclosure, or display of your User-Generated Content;
- your use or inability to use the Service;
- any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service;
- the Service generally or the software or systems that make the Service available;
- unauthorized access to or alterations of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Service;
- any other user interactions that you input or receive through your use of the Service; or
- any other matter relating to the Service.
Our liability is limited whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damages, and even if a remedy set forth in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose. We will have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control.
M. Release and Indemnification
Short version: You are responsible for your use of the service. If you harm someone else or get into a dispute with someone else, we will not be involved.
If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release Cuzwork from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website and the Service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement, provided that Cuzwork (1) promptly gives you written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (2) gives you sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that you may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases Cuzwork of all liability); and (3) provides to you all reasonable assistance, at your expense.
N. Changes to These Terms
Short version: We want our users to be informed of important changes to our terms, but some changes aren't that important — we don't want to bother you every time we fix a typo. So while we may modify this agreement at any time, we will notify users of any changes that affect your rights and give you time to adjust to them.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service at any time and will update these Terms of Service in the event of any such amendments. We will notify our Users of material changes to this Agreement, such as price changes, at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our Website. For non-material modifications, your continued use of the Website constitutes agreement to our revisions of these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice.
- Governing Law
Except to the extent applicable law provides otherwise, this Agreement between you and Cuzwork and any access to or use of the Website or the Service are governed by the federal laws of the Netherlands, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and Cuzwork agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the City of Amsterdam.
- Section Headings and Summaries
Throughout this Agreement, each section includes titles and brief summaries of the following terms and conditions. These section titles and brief summaries are not legally binding.
- Severability, No Waiver, and Survival
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of Cuzwork to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Amendments; Complete Agreement
- Inspired by Github
These Terms of Service are based on Terms of Service of Github, Inc. and are licensed under CC0-1.0.
Questions about the Terms of Service? Contact us.